I need help. SSH and Winterboard confusion

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iFanaddic, Sep 8, 2010.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

If I understand it correctly SSH gives me the ability to change my icons one by one while winterboard gives me the ability to set a theme, but I have to take the icons that come with it right?

What I wanna do is take some icons from one theme, other icons from another theme and so on, at the end they could all be from a different theme and I wouldn't mind.. Is what im asking possible? Where would I get the best tutorials?

I tried searching but since I dunno if what am asking is even possible it was kind of hard to search for it.

2. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

That does not help. I know what ssh is, back when the first ipod touch came out I had it themed. Icons by icons I would make it look the way I wanted but that was many years ago and things have changed I just wanna get back in the game.

3. latafairam macrumors member

I use openSSH to browse my iPhone using an ftp program.
    You can put any icon inside the theme folder in your iphone, then respring your iphone using winterboard. I have done this myself.

4. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Use Cydia to download a theme. Use SSH to customize that theme(add icons, change icons, etc.) Use Winterboard to turn that theme 'on'.

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

You can also create your own theme folder and SSH it into your "Themes" folder in your phone, then activate that one through Winterboard. I don't have the path right now, but maybe when I'm done with work..

(I learned by downloading themes I like [blue wifi bars for example], copy them to my desktop via SSH, merging the files all into one "Nick's Theme" folder [with "UI Images" etc subfolders], then removing them separately via Cydia and SSHing my theme into the themes folder. It makes it much easier to upgrade/restore and just SSH the theme into my phone as opposed to dling each visual tweak separately)