I need help! TECH SHELL wont come off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iag48, Jan 29, 2008.

1. iag48 macrumors regular

I received my clear techshell tonight from amazon and I think its defective. My macbook has grey spots on the top cover and on the rim of the lower cover. They change location depending on where I hold the macbook from. I suspect it is the case and the macbook actually touching. It looks disgusting and now the top case is STUCK no way to remove it(yes I saw the video on youtube). I called Techshell but they are not in office hours.

Any suggestions on how to remove the top shell? please help:mad::(

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would encourage using a credit card like object to pry along the edges.

3. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

Intrigued after my first post I used my college ID. Unfortunately my fingers are now deformed:( I so surprised at the lack of quality control within Techshell. Both top and bottom case are slightly deformed at the back.

My biggest gripe is those annoying grey spots all over the mac. I took pictures with my phone and they are clearly visible. On the Techshell site the pictures with the clear shell on the white book did not have these grey spots. Which leads me to believe my case is slightly deformed on the top. Like I stated previously when I press on the case with my finger new grey spots appear. Must be the case making contact with the macbook.

4. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

No offense intended - my first and probably last post on the topic - but I see NO VALUE in using those things. It is like the clear vinyl sofa covers that your grandmother may have used many many years ago to protect the fabric - awful. IMO - they do more damage, retain heat, add bulk, cost you $$$.

We have many Mac laptops in our business and with minimal care they hold up very well - most look like new when we sell them.

5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I had the same issue, it has dark moving patches, pry from the bottom of screen and get rid of it I did

6. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess you guys are right. I also don't like how if you open the screen past a certain degree the plastic from the shell grinds on the plastic of the macbook. I'm going to return it to Amazon.com. I guess I should have just ordered that invisishield. What a waste of money.:rolleyes: