I need help to Unlock my iPhone but I have a few major problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alfredoy1991, Jun 25, 2010.

1. alfredoy1991 macrumors newbie

Firstly, let me inform you that my power button is utterly broken, secondly, I need my phone to work asap and thirdly, my sim card does not work where I live without "unlocking" my iPhone.

My problem is that I need to unlock my cell phone without using the power button. However it seems I need to first jailbreak my iPhone without using the power button as well but I cannot because I first need to UNLOCK my iPhone or use the power button. :mad:

My iphone is 2g/3.1.3 and it can only do emergency calls atm because I am on Rogers and not AT&T.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!

2. bigtrip macrumors newbie

Look on eBay, you can get a new back with a new power button, headphone jack, and everything else pre installed on it. It's not the same quality as the original obviously, but it will get your power button working so you can jailbreak. Just be sure to order the right one, there are two different model #'s and they aren't interchangeable. It costs about 40 dollars and will take forever to come in from china or wherever. It would probably be easier to just pick up an old 3G from craig's list.

3. alfredoy1991 thread starter macrumors newbie