I Need help unlocking my 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eringlind, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Eringlind macrumors newbie

Okay so Ive been searching all over the web and still cant find exactly what I'm looking for. My Iphone is a 3Gs, version 5.0.1, the serial number is xx139xxxxxx, and it is 05.16.05 firmware. AT&T has screwed us over and we want to unlock our phones so we can use a different carrier. Does anyone know what I need to do for this model of IPhone to unlock it? Please help!
    Thank you so much!

2. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

I think you need a 3GS that was manufactured before week 36 which would have a serial number of xxx135 or lower.

3. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

4. APtalent macrumors regular

Unlockable. If you attempt to do it, you have the chance of bricking your phone.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

According to the chart from dhlizard, who is the member here as well as moderator from the dev team blog. 3GS made in 2011, week 30 and above will have problem. See the chart here;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yu-5i8hufa0Iqpj6mq7PfbpcNX2sydiazmvxvas-9Ic/edit?pli=1

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you're SOL OP.
    It cant be unlocked at the moment.
    You can always use prepaid AT&T sims with it and prepaid H20 plans in the US.