I need help with bootcamp Windows7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Chiuy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Chiuy macrumors 6502

I'm trying to install Windows7 but I ran into some problems after installing it.
    1)Why is it the screen resolution only goes up to a max of 1028 and not 1280x720?

2) I can't connect to the internet. It says network adapter is not detected and I couldn't find anything on Google to actually fix it.

Any help?
    Thanks.

Windows7 Professional.

2. 2hvy4grvty macrumors 6502

3. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

What? waaay off topic?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Actually, that is correct. Insert your Mac OS X disc while booted to Windows to install the required drivers for the network and video card.

B

5. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

But I'm using Lion OSx and I don't have the disk. I assume using the USB instead then with Lion recovery?

6. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

When you installed Bootcamp, you were supposed to either create a Windows Support disk in order to install all the drivers, or make sure that you had your Mac OS X disc. If you have your Mac OS X disc, insert it in Windows and open it to find the Windows Support software. Install that and everything will be working.

Just make sure to run Apple software update in Windows after you restart, along with any Windows updates.

----------

Your original Mac OS X disc should work, I'm pretty sure.

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The OSX DVD (10.4-10.6) contains Windows drivers for your hardware. With Lion I believe that the bootcamp assistant under OSX lets you download the latest drivers to use in Windows.

8. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

I did use the bootcamp assist that was under Lion utility. But it looks like it didn't install the driver correctly.

9. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Bootcamp assistant doesn't install anything, it just partitions the drive for Windows to install on. You have to install the drivers yourself, either with the downloaded drivers from Apple or your Mac OS X disc.

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

In a worst case scenario you can manually download the drivers using the instructions at the end of this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892725

EDIT: Boot back into Lion and run Boot Camp Assistant again. You should get a dialog that asks you to "Download the Windows support software for this Mac." Try that. As others have said you need to install the drivers when booted in Windows again.

B

11. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, thanks everyone!
    I got it working (yesterday).
    Runs extremely fast and now the games I used to play on the Mac now runs up to 60fps!
    Wooo!