I need help with Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Xero108, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Xero108 macrumors newbie

I know this question was probably asked 1000 times, but I really need help and I'm not sure wich thread has the answer to my question.

So I downloaded Bootcamp on my macBook. I copied the Bootcamp file on a USB key. I tried to copy the file as well on a blank CD, but it won't read the CD.

I have a file caled SecureII with 2 docs called Mac and Windows on it. I copied it on my mac's desktop. I don't know what to do with that file.

I restarted my laptop, pressing the option key, but only the Mac OS X system appeared. No windows XP icon.

So basically, I got the files, but I don't know what to do with them. I might be missing something, might have missed a step...

So if anyone knows what I have to do, please tell me. Give me steps and material needed. Thank you. :)

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Did you install bootcamp from the file you downloaded? When you run the program for the first time (in OS X) it should take you through the install.

3. Xero108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Once I downloaded Bootcamp, the file showed me 3 icons. 2 of them were documents I had to read (but didn't help me). The 3rd one was an assistant. That assistant made me install BootCamp on the Macintosh HD disk. After that, I don't know what to do anymore.

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

The boot camp assistant should guide you through the process. It can be found in Applications-->Utilities

5. Xero108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Woah wait....there is no "utility" in my application file. :confused:

Sides. Once the assistant finished downloading Bootcamp, it didn't tell me to do anything I believe.

Edit: Wait...I found the utilities in my applications. I might figure it out now. If I can't, I'll post my next problem. Thank you if I found what I was looking for.

6. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

the downloaded file should be on your desktop...open and install it...then go to applications-->utilities-->boot camp

follow the prompts:D

7. Xero108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Done. I got Windows on my laptop.

Only 1 tiny problem left:

My Windows XP came in 2 CDs and my laptop only installed everything on the first CD. The 2nd one requires internet to start installing the rest. Unfortunately, I only have 1 icon that sais "Connexions to internet" and I'm not really sure on how to get it up.

I have a wireless Airport connexion for Mac OS X. It's connected to my dad's DSL modem. So how to I make this work for windows?

8. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

part of the bootcamp requirements is that you have to have windows on a single disc:rolleyes:

9. Xero108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aw dumb me. Is this mistake fixable or do I have to start all over?