I need help with Continuity [Issues]

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bushido, Nov 2, 2014.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

So I just updated my iphone to iOS8.1 and I can't get all parts of Continuity working.

I already logged out of my iCloud account on both my iPhone 5 and on my RMBP

SMS & Call Relay seems to work

Air drop seems to work now but takes forever, by the time I have sent one picture to my mac I have already uploaded a while folder onto my dropbox.

Instant Hotspot doesn't seem to work even though I have personal Hotspot enabled

Handoff seems VERY inconsistent

I type an email on my iPhone and it pops up on my macbook nut it just keeps on loading and loading
    I type an email on my mac and nothing appears on my iPhone
    I type an imessage on my iPhone and the icon appears on my mac but when I click it imessage opens without the text I've already written
    I type an imessage on my mac and nothing appears on my iPhone

Any ideas???

Thanks!

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

As far as mail and iMessage. It's like that for everyone that's got it working. Seems to be a bug.

Haven't tried airdrop yet or personal hotspot. But I can see my phone listed on my iPad. Haven't tried connecting.

3. Pjrufus, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I just had an imessage convo with my son from my iPad. The messages were there almost instantly on my Mac and iPhone.

Do you have wifi calling turned off on your iPhone? A couple of the "how to" guides I looked at seemed to forget that one.

I gave up on Airdrop. The Mac recognizes iPad, but can't get iPad to recognize Mac. Dropbox is much easier.

I also gave up on the handoff thing. For some reason, things start acting a little weird when bluetooth is turned on, on everything, and I really don't use bluetooth for anything.

4. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

The syncing of messages works perfectly. What does not work is starting to type a message on my phone and then go on my mac and finish the half written text. I get the Handoff icon next to my finger icon in the dock but when I click it, it just shows the imessage program but not with the incomplete text from the phone

5. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

Okay, I understand now. I think that is part of the handoff problem.