I need help with my atv2

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by luma2313, Jul 1, 2011.

1. luma2313 macrumors newbie

Hi,

New to apple tv, hoping someone can help.

I just bought an apple tv, 2nd generation three days ago. I plugged it into my tv just like the instructions said, but I just get a blank screen.

The light just flashes quickly. If I press any buttons on the remote the blinking light seems to respond, but still nothing on the screen. I tried restarting it (menu + down) and nothing happens. Yes, I also checked all the cables, twice.

I tried restoring via iTunes, but every time I download the file, I get the "corrupt file" message everyone on this forum seems to be getting.

Since I haven't been able to "see" anything on screen, I'm a little worried it might be faulty. I can't take it to a store because I am currently living abroad and there are no mac stores here.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You do know there is a difference between NTSC and PAL, right? New ATV defaults to 60hz NTSC, while all Euro, Oceana and SE Asian countries use 50hz PAL. Only other possible issues are bad ATV or HDMI cable.

I'm using US spec NTSC ATV2's in England, but on dual voltage/spec TV's, so I have no issues.