I need help with my iphone 3G please read !!!! I need help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chef On The Go, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Chef On The Go macrumors newbie

I have a iphone 3G that Im using with t-mobile... Yesterday my iphone went into recovery mode and wants to restore... The iphone has the itunes and the usb saying connect to itunes... At this point the iphone dose not do anything..

I would this hit restore from itunes but if i do then I will download the new 2.2 but this will disable my iphone with using with t-mobile because I read that apple change the baseline code... Meaning if I update with itunes it will download the new 2.2 and my phone will not work with my t-mobile slim..

So my question is how do I restore my iphone back to 2.1 so I can still use it with t-mobile... Or is their a 2.2 that has been custom made by the iphone dev team.. I went to the site but I couldn't find anything .... I this don't want to lock my phone buy downloading it from the itunes and apple 2.2 update..

Please give me step by step how to do... Im using a macbook pro 15" late 2008... My itunes is running 8.01 and my mac os x is 10.5.5

Please help me I don't want to lock my iphone 3G i paid $550 so I can use with t-mobile... I this don't want to make more off a mess

again thank you for taking the time to read

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

search google...

For 2.1 downloads, then you should be all set after you download it!!