I need help with my iPhone 3GS 4.0 OS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adaps, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Adaps macrumors newbie

I currently am running OS 4.0 on a 3gs. My good friend is a developer so he kindly updated my iphone on his mac to 4.0. I have a winxp, and i found out i am not able to backup my iphone without the SDK 4.0 which i cant run on xp. I really need to backup because my friend tells me, come wednesday the beta will be updated and if i dont update my 4.0 beta my iphone will be locked? I am not sure if this is true, but if it is i was wondering if there is a way i can update it on his mac without erasing all my data, or is there a way i can downgrade back the hated 3.1.3. Thanks

2. robivy64 macrumors member

3. gdlcjr macrumors regular

This is what people get when they cannot wait. :(

4. Adaps thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks you guys are a great help. but seriously will my phone b locked or not?

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes. Restore your phone and then at some point you'll be asked if you want to restore your backup. Say yes.

6. Adaps thread starter macrumors newbie

To restore all i have to do is 'shift' click restore with the 3.1.3 firmware and thats it?

7. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

No, you will have to do several other steps after getting an error in iTunes. Which is why you shouldn't mess with beta's unless you're a developer or have a second device.