I need help with my Iphone 4 16gb (Just got it!)

mrbashfo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
So, I just purchased an iphone 4 off craigslist. The phone was working fine when the other person handed to me with their sim in it. I purchase the item and bring it home and its still fine. All the persons stuff is still on the phone so I decide to reset all on the phone and this is where my problem happens. I have no sim for the phone. Now it says IMEI Unknown and ICCID Unknown is that normal til I get a sim in it? The phone has the USB cable and the itunes logo. When I plug it into Itunes it says no sim detected plug in sim and reconnect to itunes.

mrbashfo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Well, i googled for a while but most of the people get it after dropping the phone, dropping it in water, or it just dies. My question is is it normal because I do not have a sim at all in the phone. But thanks I just cut up an old sim put it in and the IMEI came up but not the ICCID

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I did a little research on this and it didn't look good. Sounded like it happens when there's a problem with the radio. I remember something similar with my father in laws phone. Apple replaced his as it was only a month old or so... gave him a brand new one.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
spoke to my father in law. He was getting the same errors that you are getting on his iphone 4. I have a bit more information for you but unfortunatly, I have been accused of "trolling" so I don't want to post anything and risk getting further repercussions. I like it here and would like to stay (and keep my name clear).

I'm not a troll. search my username on your favorite forum. I use the same name on them all.

good day.