i need help with my iphone it was bricked and there is something going wrong

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creyes2010, Jul 8, 2009.

1. creyes2010 macrumors newbie

creyes2010

okay so i unlocked my iphone with quickpwn and i have had alot of thing in the iphone that it bricked the iphone i have the iphone 2g with 1.1.4 firmware!!! so i have tried to put my phone to recovery mode like everyone is telling me,, but instead of the itunes logo and the usb cable showing up for the recovery mode a guy with his hands up saying bravo in roman shows up and my pc wont find it. the iphone wont show up on the computer. like itunes cant find it...!!!!what should i do, what went wrong i know that this might of happened to some one out there some one lease help me im scared that i have to send it back to apple!!!!! help me please my e-mail addresse is creyes-hds@hotmail.com I NEED YOUR HELP SO HELP MEEEE:confused::confused::confused::mad::(:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

see i see how they do that i understand but my pc itunes does not respond to it my iphone doesnot show up on my pc and i also get a different thing for the recovery mode instead of the itunes logo and the usb cabel you know

4. Babybandit macrumors regular

Firstly, posting your cell number probably isn't the best thing to do - in addition to your email.

I'll try the video posted above, but I guess it's a lesson learnt to read carefully before jailbreaking, or just don't do it at all.

5. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

okay sorry for that but hey can you try to help me cause i really dont know wht went wrong tho

by the way lol thatnks for that i took my phone number out

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's a caricatured Steve Jobs speaking in Russian.

Try to turn it off and then put it in DFU mode on your own.

7. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

i tried that like it wont do anything after that guy comes up have this happened to you can you tell me how to fix it please

8. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

Reading all your jumbled posts gives me a massive headache. First off, settle down. Second, follow the video Mouton posted. Perhaps you shouldn't have messed with your phone seeing as you sound like you have no idea what you're doing.

9. Xtgirl macrumors regular

10. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

yes i have a windows xp with dell why????

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Huh. Then you should have NO problem fixing this.

I tried EVERYTHING to get my iPhone to work back... oh, man, WAY back on firmware 1.1.2. I was sure it was bricked.

Then I opened iTunes in Boot Camp and it was recognized instantly. :p

12. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

no i do know what im doing , i know what mouton is talking about but thats not my proble the problem is that i ham getting the steve jobs cartoon instead of the regular itunes logo and usb cable, and do you see how he is saying that itunes will respond to your iphone when u plug it in the computer my iphone doesnot respond to the pc..

but wait how because is not letting me at all there is alot ive tried can you please tell me how you fixed yours please

13. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

Ive had this problem before when I was trying to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.2.1. I was almost in the same boat as Tallest. My MB refused to recognize my iPhone, plugged it into my mom's Dell, put it into DFU and restored. Make sure you're using iTunes 8.2.

14. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

okay two questions should i try it on a different computer??
    and how can i change my itunes like how can i put it to 8.2, should i go to the itunes store

15. greenday123 macrumors 6502

If i remember correctly, the Steve Jobs logo showing after you jailbroke the iPhone meant it was in DFU mode, you could try restarting the computer and seeing if it will recognize it then, if still no luck, try a different computer. If you have a mac around or know someone that owns a mac, try plugging in into it.

16. greenday123 macrumors 6502

Download iTunes

17. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

okay i guess ima try that but if not you know hey one out of hundreds iphones messed up i guess

18. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

lol, like I said, more research next time. keep chuggin though, you can do it.

19. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

wow you don't understand the problem is that my computer doesn't detect my iphone!!!how can i fix that??? do you know how to do that??

20. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

You either need to let that phone completely die or manually put it into DFU for a restore. Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of iTunes 8.2? A defective USB cable (sounds silly, but I've read several situations where someones PC wouldn't recognize their iphone/ipod and all they did was switch cables.

A call to 1-800-MY-IPHONE might help.

21. creyes2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

creyes2010

okay see that helped thanks for your information lol jk anyways thanks see that wasnt hard!

22. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Yea, somebody can SAY they know what they're doing all they want... but if they don't even know how to update iTunes then I DOUBT they actually know what they're doing when it comes to jailbreaking.

It's basically like someone saying they know how to do a fuel change but not how to put gas in their car. If you're claiming to know the 'hard' stuff but can't even do the easy stuff... something's up.

23. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Exactly what I was thinking.