I need help with my World Book Notepad, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CenterCoreMcCab, Feb 15, 2009.

1. CenterCoreMcCab macrumors newbie

Here's my situation; Apparently, somehow my World Book Notepad application somehow got deleted. I have absolutely no idea how this happened, but it's gone, and I can't get it back. I have many files (which I even have backups of) that I can't open because WBN is gone. I use a Mac os x 10.3, and I do not have TimeMachine. I've asked on Yahoo Answers, gone to many help sites, nothing has worked. All I ask is to either get my WBN back (which I doubt will happen) or somehow be able to convert the files to some other format and retrieve what's on them, getting them off. I'm a writer, and things I've been working on for some time now are on these files. Please, if anybody has any idea how to help me with my problem, please help. I would appreciate it very much. I just want my files, that's all. This Mac needs to lose this mind of its own that it has and give ME back control. lol :confused:

2. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

Well, it all depends on how you got World Book to begin with, right?

If you bought it retail then you can reinstall the World Book program from your installation disk, or - since you mention that you're running 10.3 - a lot of Macs from the Panther era came with World Book bundled with the system. If that's the case you can reninstal World Book from your system restore disks that came with the computer.

If none of the above applies, and the Notebook files are that valuable, then your best bet is to shell out for the current version of World Book (which is supposedly backwards compatible with 10.3 and not very expensive) and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

3. CenterCoreMcCab thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah yes

I'll definitely have to do that. I have a friend who has a (I THINK its a) Leopard, a 10.4? I know very little about Macs, but I know that mine is out of date and needs to be upgraded. I think I acquired WBN actually as a complementary gift through one of my downloads a while back. I doubt I'd be able to get it back the same way.. Darn it! Well, thank you. I appreciate it. Have a great day :)