I need help with repairing my itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by realboy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. realboy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I recently bought and ipod touch which i was very happy with
    Until i went on a holiday to queensland, the heat killed it
    I went to an apple store and they said they can fix it for me... but i cant find my recipt, i have the ipod touch box with everything in it, just not the recipt
    It says i have no Wi-Fi and my battery drains even when im not using the ipod touch....
    So will apple let me return my ipod touch without the recipt? (i know that it is still covered by warranty), and if they dont let me return the ipod then what am i going to do?
    Thanks

2. who? macrumors member

Your post is a little vague, but if you are asking if you can return it, the answer is no after fourteen days, even if you do have the receipt. However, they will probably fix it for you (you do not need the receipt to send it in for repairs), as long as you are covered still by the warranty. Warranty information is their responsibility, you just bring them the iPod, then they will type in the serial number, and ship it off to be fixed (if the damage is covered).

3. biikman macrumors regular

I'd be surprised if they just don't swap it out for a new (or refurbished) one right in the store.

4. realboy thread starter macrumors newbie

5. biikman macrumors regular

assuming of course that it is defective and not software related. Did you do a the usual reboot/restore etc?