I need help with safari windows and keychains!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tombarnes, Aug 5, 2007.

1. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I recently had a complete system clear out by erasing my mac and starting with a fresh copy of mac os x. I then loaded only the things i needed back on. I have been experiencing 2 problems since having my clearout...

1. When safari opens a new window it is cascaded (i want a new window to be opened directly over the originating window) I have tried resizing over and over again but it still keep going back to it's old ways!; (Picture 1)

2. Everytime I open thing like adium, safari, and a few other things that have saved passwords, it asks me for a keychain log-in, which completely defeats the object of having passwords saved! (Picture 2).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I've seen this happen when you reset an account password. Did you wipe the drive completely?

Did you copy programmes and the ~/Library directory back on?

As I understand it, it is a syncronisation issue between the login- and keychain- passwords.

3. tombarnes thread starter macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I completely wiped my mac. I used a backup facility called ibackup to keep all my bookmarks, email accounts etc. It may have copied ~/Library in order to preserve my passwords for all my safari log-ins - I don't really know to be honest.

What can I do to stop this annoying problem?

EDIT: If i changed my system administrator password to what it was on my 'old' system, would that resolve the issue?