i need help with smcFanControl 2.1.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iJimmy, Mar 22, 2008.

1. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

so i got my 2.2 blackbook yesterday and installed the smcFanControl. after messing around with it all night, i decided to wipe the hdd. so i set the fan control to the max (6000) and put in the discs. now after the wipe when i run the fancontrol it says the default is 6000rpm and i cant lower it.

any ideas on how to reset the fan speed back to normal (~1600). any advice would help alot!

2. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

i had the same problem with my mbp. i copied the .plist file from a friends mbp and it went back to normal. not sure how to change it without doing it this way.

3. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

would anybody with a 2.2 macbook care to send me their .plist file? if/when i receive the file, where do i put the file?

thanks in advance

4. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

the file is com.eidac.smcfancontrol2.plist and it is located in users/(youraccount)/library/prefences/. just copy it in and replace the original. you may want to keep the original some where just in case something happens. make sure smcFancontrol is quit before you replace it.

5. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

thanks rodman. i located the file, now i just need a generous 2.2 MB owner to email me a copy of their unmodified .plist

45jimmy at gmail

6. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

7. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

8. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

i believe you can add it as an attachment and email it to me. the file is com.eidac.smcfancontrol2.plist and it is located in users/(youraccount)/library/preferences/

my email is 45jimmy@gmail.com

thanks in advance