I need help with the authorizing apps stuff?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moe.the.toe, Jul 16, 2009.

1. moe.the.toe macrumors newbie

Okay, so i had my dads friend put a lot of apps onto my ipod touch from his PC. And now i brought it back home and want to put some of my own ipod apps onto my ipod touch. So i have to authorize his apps onto my computer for them not to get deleted once i put mine on right? Well on my itunes, i can't find those apps that i have on my ipod touch. So what do i do now? thanks for the help. :)

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Well, the apps would not be deleted simply because of an authorization issue. You can only sync applications with one computer, so in order for them to be present after enabling application syncing on your personal computer, the "purchases" would have to be transferred. In other words, you would need your dad's friends' AppleID and password in order to authorize your computer, then transfer the apps currently on the iPod touch to the computer, and then sync both the apps put on there by your dad's friend and the ones you yourself have purchased back over to the iPod.

3. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I have a similar sort of situation with my iPhone right now. The way I'm getting round it is by just downloading everything straight onto my phone with the app store.