I Need Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHUpackersfan, Jan 19, 2014.

1. SHUpackersfan macrumors newbie

About 2 days ago, I dropped my iPhone 4S into a sink and dried it off the best I could. I couldn't put it in rice at the time and haven't been able to until today. I forgot to turn the phone off as well and know it has lost power. Do you think the rice trick will still work or should I cut my losses and go get a new phone? I'm worried that because I was unable to immediately do it and didn't turn my phone of right away that my phone is toast.

2. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

That's hard to say but it probably won't by now. Is it doing anything at all to respond?

3. SHUpackersfan thread starter macrumors newbie

The battery died so I don't know. I'm letting it sit in rice for the day and am then going to try and charge it to see if it'll turn on. I have an upgrade I can use but I wanted to hold on to this phone for a while and avoid paying the big money for a 5c or 5s

4. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

i would wait 2 days just incase there is any left over moisture in it-u don't want to get shocked.

Honestly the 5c isn't a bad phone if your looking for another now...

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

6. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

i dont think it willl work-maybe u could look online (youtube) and see if there are any videos on reviving your iphone.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The iPhone 5c/5s are great choices, but if you're interested in giving Android a try, the Nexus 5 is AWESOME and a friend of mine really likes her Moto-X.

8. SHUpackersfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for the advice! I'll probably go get the 5c

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Even if it seems to work perfectly, there's a good chance that corrosion will kill your phone a few months down the road.

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

If you want to save your upgrade maybe look online for a used 4S.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

After a couple of days, I doubt putting it in rice will be much help. But you never know so give it a try. Good luck.

12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If you don't immediately kill power to an electronic device then you've already done the damage. Nothing unique to the iPhone on this topic.

How is it actually working? You never seem to state this in your posts in this thread.