I need help!!!

Omar4070

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2015
i bought a use iphone 5c i can use it normally but when i tried to add my i cloud account i found that the account still conected to the old owner account and there is no way to contact him pls tell me what to do

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Down there at the very bottom where the big button labeled "Sign Out" is. Press that. Sign out. Then sign back in with your Apple ID.
I guess you didn't notice that the "big button labeled sign out" is in grey so it is not possible to tap it!! If your going to give a smart arsed response at least know what your saying.

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
It's bricked. This is Apple's built in security system. If you can't log out of the original owners account then there's nothing you can do.

I work for a major wireless carrier and if we take in an iPhone that is still attached to an account it's literally useless. Sorry.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You're sol.
The device its attached to someone's icloud account and find my iPhone. If you ever restore or update the firmware it will ask you for that icloud id and password and will not let you go any further without that correct info.
It's a built it security anti theft feature.
You might have bought lost or stolen property.
Contact that email and ask him to remove it from his iCloud account or if it's stolen make arrangements to return it to him and file a police report against the person that sold it to you.