I need help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gman901, Jan 9, 2010.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I have been successfully using Windows 7 Home Upgrade with my MBP 2.53 GHz with 4 GB ram for a while now. The issue is that I timed the start up time from when I bootcamped into Windows 7 to the time everything was working - it took 6:23.7 minutes. This seems crazy to me that the new OS running in 64 bit mode would take that long. I initially have to wait through a minute of just a black screen and then about 5+ minutes of loading up. Once everything loads up, Windows 7 works like a champ. I am trying to figure out if this is normal or did I do something wrong? I updated my graphics card to the latest firmware and installed all the windows updates. The only thing I have been worried about is that in order for Windows 7 to originally install, I had to install Win 7 once and then re-install it as an upgrade to get the registration to work. Could someone tell me what they think I did wrong and what should I do? All my games work fine once everything is booted up. Do I need to reinstall or should I go back to Window XP which boots in about a minute compared to Windows 7?:confused:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Is this based on just one startup or does it repeatedly take over 5 minutes?

3. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, I shut down and booted up again. It seemed to boot up more quickly this time. It took 1 minute and 20 seconds for the black screen to go away and a total of 5 minutes for pretty much everything to be working.