I need idiot's instructions on setting default zoom for Mac Word

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by abr88, Dec 5, 2015.

1. abr88, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

abr88 macrumors newbie

In addition to being new to Mac OS I'm also new to Office for Mac -- both Office (2011) and my new iMac (Yosemite) were acquired in the last 2 weeks, so as you might imagine I'm flailing around somewhat!

In Mac Word I would like to be able to set a higher default zoom level as the current level is a little hard to read. I found some material on the Microsoft forums involving writing a macro to achieve this but it assumes the reader knows how to write a macro in the first place, plus it may be a little out of date, plus it doesn't seem to apply to the Mac. I did add the developer tab and I got into the Macro area but (1) it won't let me enter anything in what I assume is the main rectangle where the lines the forum said I'm supposed to paste should go -- just the title (top) and the description (bottom) are available -- not the middle; and (2) If I click "Create" (hoping that would make that middle rectangle available) it says the title (Set zoom level) is bad in some way. In addition, I'm not sure "where I'm supposed to be" in Word when I enter this macro -- some sort of "Normal" template perhaps?? How do I get there?

That's a whole lot of ignorance, I know. Any help on executing this you-would-think-it's-not-rocket-science task would be much appreciated!!

2. vexorg macrumors 6502a

From what I understand, the zoom and layout view are saved with the document. If you or anyone else opens it, then it looks as last saved.