I need income!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macswitcha2, Jan 3, 2011.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Is there someone that knows of jobs able to hire? I was laid off a couple of months ago and now starting to feel the brunt of its effects. I have a degree in religious historical and Biblical studies and have lots of experience working with youth, organizing events, and being on planning committees. However, I understand how narrow that field is. I'm planning to go to Law school in the Fall but in the meantime need some income.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You haven't even posted which country / region you live.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Have you looked at jobs in your area? There are plenty of websites and newspapers that usually have job offers.

4. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

USA and East coast near the Philadelphia, NY, NJ area.

Yes, in the newspaper, and internet. Been to interviews and filled applications.

5. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Don't know what country you're in but we can always use some good Padre's in the Army ;)

6. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

You mean like Chaplains?

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Yep. I personally know about 4 friends who've had their lives saved by them for various reasons, several marriages saved, and a whole slough of other issues that basically make them among the top 2 professions the military needs :)

8. Purestang macrumors member

Long shot but you could try Wegmans if there is one near you. Apply for anything but the Front End (cashier and cart pushing). Front end offers **** hours (i.e. 14hrs a week) where as other areas of the store offer longer hours.

Plus, if you say youre going to law school, they have EXTREMELY flexible hours. I currently go to penn state and work at a Wegmans near philly and i am not there for 3/4 of the year, but still have a job to come back to in summer/winter.

Check out this link:
    http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/s...Display?storeId=10052&identifier=CATEGORY_517

shows you how many stores they have along the PA/NJ boarder.

9. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If you just want money and you're leaving for law school in the fall I'm sure you can find a boring $10/hr retail job somewhere that'll pay for gas and beer. Not particularly hard, even now.

10. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, you could get a temporary job in retail or something while you look for something else. It would at least help I suppose.

11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

You can mow your neighbors lawn or shovel snow

12. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Do you have a clear plan to pay off your student loans once you get your law degree? Isn't there a glut of unemployed lawyers right now? I know we're all supposed to pursue our dreams and not prioritize financial concerns--but a six figure student debt is nothing to spit at.

That is, I'm assuming you're getting loans since you need a job before school. If not, and you're paying for this on your own--disregard my comment.

13. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Me and my buddy at work were just talking at this. I don't think the economies that bad it's just people don't want to work at McDonalds or Target. If you need a job do whatever job comes up, can't be picky.

14. JsR macrumors regular

If you are going to Law School...how about trying to get some experience in that field? An intern at a firm? They pay. Usually quite well - plus, having experience is a bonus.

15. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've been away and just saw this. will respond in a few!