I Need Information On iMac - AppleCare Protection Plan

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMac4Ever56, May 24, 2010.

1. iMac4Ever56 macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

I Have a 24inch Apple iMac Computer & I Wanted to know The Benefits About iMac - AppleCare Protection Plan, Cause I Wanna Get The iMac - AppleCare Protection Plan, I Bought My 24inch Apple iMac Computer back in July, 27, 2009. & My Warranty Expires on July, 27, 2010. & I Wanted to know What Will Happen if i Don't Get The Warranty & My Computer Breaks? Does that Mean I Have to Spend over $1000 just to have My 24inch Apple iMac Computer Fixed if anything does go Wrong With It? & If I Do Get The Warranty? What Kind of Protection i'll Have For My 24inch Apple iMac Computer? Please Give Me The Info & All The Fax & The Details Please, Pretty Please? I Did ask The Guys at The Apple Store but they did not tell Me The Whole Parts to it, i thought i'll Stop By The MacRumors Forum & Find Out? :) I Got The Link to The iMac - AppleCare Protection Plan http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC245?mco=MTYzNjAwNjQ#overview but what i want to know are There Any other Details that i don't know about that there not telling Us? & What Happens If I Don't Have The Warranty?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Once the one year warranty on your Mac expires, any repairs for your computer will have to be paid out-of-pocket. Those could be little repairs (~$50) or big repairs (~$1000). Unfortunately, there's no way to tell when your computer might break, which is kinda the purpose of a warranty to begin with.

So is AppleCare worth it? The general consensus is yes, but obviously it's also personal preference.

So if you decide to get AppleCare, the warranty on your Mac will be extended for an additional two years from the date of purchase. Usually, you just have to go onto Apple's website and type in the code that comes in the AppleCare box. This will activate it and extend the warranty on your iMac.

3. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56