i need iPhoto Help

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I have iPhoto 08!

All of my photos are organized into different folders on my external drive such as (florida 06, and graduation etc)

i want them all into iPhoto...but i dont want to loose the organization? how do i do this? make them all events or albums? how? and if i have to drag the folder/s where do i drag them into iPhoto? im so lost and i need help

Thanks

tartsquid

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2006
Reston, VA
I don't have 08, so I'm going to assume it's set up similarly to the previous version.

Under File, there should be an option to Import to Library. That should make it easy for you to bring those pictures into iPhoto, and then you can create an album for them to keep them organized.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I don't have 08, so I'm going to assume it's set up similarly to the previous version.

Under File, there should be an option to Import to Library. That should make it easy for you to bring those pictures into iPhoto, and then you can create an album for them to keep them organized.
how i do import them and automatically make an album or event?

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
If you don't want to lose the actual file organization, you can uncheck the box in the advanced tab of iPhoto preferences that says "copy photos to iPhoto library". Then the photos will be in iPhoto, but they'll stay organized as files. However, this won't organize the photos in iPhoto itself.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
If you don't want to lose the actual file organization, you can uncheck the box in the advanced tab of iPhoto preferences that says "copy photos to iPhoto library". Then the photos will be in iPhoto, but they'll stay organized as files. However, this won't organize the photos in iPhoto itself.
i want the photos on my new Imac not on the external

and i need to automatically somehow import the photos into album/events?

theres 100folders(each one is a group) in 1 large photos folder

andrealynn

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2007
When I did mine, I just made a backup of the photos to DVD and then imported the DVD. It kept everything in the folders I had them in. Hopefully that will work for yoU!