I need legal help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by the vj, Jun 23, 2009.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

Hello

I work with 3D displays creating content for them.

Last month I bough a 3D display from a company and I am becoming a reseller.

This company sold me the 3D display for $9.000 including the 42" display, software and training.

I said ok...

I was waiting for the new software they use to create the videos in 3D. They sent me the software ($2500 a cheap version wannabe PC version of After Effects) and I realized I can not export the videos without a loging and password at the end of the rendering process.

To make the story short... they want to charge an unspecified amount (can be $1 to $10) for every video I create!

I mean, I paid already for everything and now they are coming with that little detail?

The sales person never told me about it ever! He said that "that was part of the training, to explain you about the fees".

They said is because they need money if I ever want cheaper screens in the future and as you make money renting the screens we shure need a part of that to survive.

What?

They never gave me anything for free, they are actually want top charge me for my expertice in selling my content when I am renting my screens.

I mean, is like Apple charging me for every final render I do in Final Cut Pro, just like that literally.

Now, I am in Venezuela, I can not return the screen and everything that easy.

They never told me anyware about the charges, not to mention that I am not geting anything in return for those fees.

By the way, if I create a content for training or experimenting they said: we can do something for you in those cases like a demo (watermark) or something. But they said they are not intefering with my copywrite.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Asking for legal help online is never a good idea

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You've come to the right place.

4. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried contacting the company you bought the stuff from? That would be a suitable first thing to do. Also, look through all of your documentation to make sure it is not specified in there. If it can't be resolved through those means then you might consider talking to an attorney or someone else who might be able to help you resolve the problem more forcibly.