I need memory

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crb824, Jul 29, 2007.

1. crb824 macrumors member

I'm looking for the cheapest possible memory for my dual 1.25ghz g4. The memory must be at least 512mb. So far the cheapest I've seen is $40 for a 512 stick. Does anyone know where I may be able to get some even cheaper?

2. crb824 thread starter macrumors member

ahhhhhhhhhh sorry i don't know why my thread wne into this section, i could have swore i posted in "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion". Oh well... If this thread can be moved thats fine with me

3. I3eXa macrumors 6502

...remember you get what you pay for....especially when it comes to computer parts, too cheap and they can cause even minor system problems. Just my $0.02

4. Millwood macrumors regular

I'd check with newegg.com. But like the previous poster said, you get what you pay for. Especially with memory, I wouldn't be too frugal with.

5. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Check on Craigslist, you never now, you might find someone trying to unload some.
    OWC generally has pretty cheap prices, and a lifetime warranty.
    Unless your Dual 1.25 Ghz is an upgrade,
    It's $30 for the 512 MB module if your Dual 1.25 Ghz is the Mirrored Drive Doors or the FW 800 model. It will cost you a bit more if you upgraded a Sawtooth, Quicksilver, DA, or Gigabit Ethernet model to a dual 1.25 Ghz.