I Need More Space/Exchange iPhone 8GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Dec 28, 2008.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Went to AT&T a few days back and got an iPhone 8GB, thought it would be enough, but boy was I wrong! I need more room/space! What are my options? Is AT&T going to give me a hard time if I ask to exchange an 8GB for a 16GB? Should I go to Apple? Most important, if one place allows me to exchange will I get a refurbished unit???

2. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

3. coachfreak macrumors member

with a restocking fee and unless things have changed it is 14 days for the iPhone!

If you are still within the 14 days and you pay the 10% restocking fee you can then buy a NEW iPhone.

It will only be refurbished when you get it exchanged from Apple for a warranty issue.

4. bryanc28 thread starter macrumors 6502

bryanc28

So if I pay the re-stocking fee I will get a brand new unit? I bought it at AT&T, but I hate going in there as their customer service agents are very bad.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

It should be very easy as they have a 30 day return / exchange policy that is printed on your receipt. Here is the relevant section:

Returns/exchanges must be like new, with all original packaging, accessories, manuals and proof of purchase. You may exchange equipment one time within the 30 day period. iPhone returns/exchanges will be subject to a 10% restocking fee, except where prohibited. A $20 restocking fee applies to devices purchased at an AT&T-owned retail store except where prohibited. Restocking requirements and fees may apply to purchases made elsewhere, and may vary by market or type of equipment. See your receipt or an AT&T store for details. Equipment received through an insurance claim cannot be returned or exchanged under this policy.

Source: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

Dave

6. ericxd macrumors regular

what if u have ur iphone 8gb for a few months? anyway u can trade in and put cash for 16gb??

7. coachfreak macrumors member

My apologies, I didn't realize the policy had changed from the first iPhone, that one had a return policy of 14 days. It caused quite confusion as every other AT&T phone had a 30 day return policy (as stated on the receipt) and the iPhone was only 14 days + a 10% restocking fee.

Thanks for the info!