I need note taking software for college lectures

sartajc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
I need some Mac software similar to OneNote so that I can take notes for lectures. Money is not a problem.

I have a macbook pro Core 2 2gb RAM.

Heres what i need:

MUST HAVES
  1. Basic note system where i can write anywhere and add weblinks and other media
  2. Auto audio recorder that automatically links to a page (one page= one day in a lecture)
  3. Tabs system where each file is like a notebook with different tabs inside it.
WOULD BE REALLY COOL IF I COULD HAVE THEM
  1. video recorder too
  2. Cornell Method template
  3. add pictures with webcam during lecture (ill add an external webcam to point towards the professor)
What do you think is the best note system for me based on these. and which note system do you use?

dirtyhand

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
hmm, using your macbook to record lectures is actually a good idea, I dont know why I didnt think about it before... now if you could only make the camera point backwards...

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
hmm, using your macbook to record lectures is actually a good idea, I dont know why I didnt think about it before... now if you could only make the camera point backwards...
There is this.

Macbook $19.99

Macbook Pro $29.99

...or you can easily take their idea and make your own.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
You should seriously consider taking good ol' pen and paper notes. I've seen a couple of people use computers to take notes hear and there, but I've never encountered anyone who recommends it.

brianj

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
I use Journler

You can takes notes, organize them after dates, record audio, video you name it..

definately worth checking out if you ask me.