I NEED Peerguardian working! Will this plan work? HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Vegeta-san, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

I download some educational torrents and such off Bittorrent, but I absolutely NEED Peerguardian up and running before I do so. Under Tiger, this worked flawlessly. But, since I'd like to upgrade to Leopard today (got my DVD yesterday), will this plan work: I already have my HDD partitioned into a 30gb Bootcamp size and a 170gb OS X Tiger side. Therefore, to keep Peerguardian working (under Tiger), I plan on partitioning my HDD once more into a 5gb Tiger Partition, 165gb Leopard Partition, and 30gb Bootcamp (Winblows XP) partition. That way, whenever I'd like to dwonload a torrent, I could boot into the Tiger partition and do so.

EVENTUALLY though, Phoneix labs will release a Leopard compatible Peerguardian. At that time, what's the best way of reclaiming my 5gb space formerly used for Tiger? I heard Leopard has "Live Updating" of disk partitions under Disk Utility. Does that relate to what I'm trying to do? Thanks everyone.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If your torrents are legal and "educational" you have absolutely nothing to worry about, not that you'd have much to worry about even if they were dodgy.

p a r a n o i a

3. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Edesignuk, but I'd still like Peerguardian up and running....Any advice on the "Live updating" thing?

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Only that although it should be able to resize without losing data, don't trust it. Back up any data on all partitions that you wouldn't want to loose.

5. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Fair enough.....Anyone with anymore advice (preferably anyone who has used Live Updating in Disk Utility)???

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I tried it on my external. Worked only the third time, and I would not (at 10.5.0) trust it on an un-backedup internal...