I Need Pop Up Help!! Please, It's Urgent!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sprocketina, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Sprocketina macrumors newbie

Jun 27, 2010
    Ok well, I went onto safari and I went onto a website, but then another website popped up and when I tried to quit it, another small pop up wouldn't let me...

AND NOW I cant quit safari at all, or do anything at all, because of these damn pop ups. What can I do to get rid of the pop ups?!?! :eek: :confused: :( :apple:
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Apple > Force to quit....

If that doesn't work, open Activity Monitor and quit the Safari process
  3. Sprocketina thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 27, 2010
    Please can someone help? I really need to get rid of them! :'(
  4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    You could try going into Terminal and typing "sudo killall Safari".
  5. Sprocketina thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 27, 2010
  6. spinnerlys Guest

Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

7. halledise macrumors 65816

May 7, 2009
    Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    and just what sort of website were we looking at hmmm? … … ;)