I need recommendation for usb wireless adapter that support airport

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by black2night, Sep 6, 2008.

1. black2night macrumors newbie

Would you please guys recommend a wireless USB adapter that works natively with airport on leopard as i'm running mac pro. I searched every where and the ones that are compatible with mac have their own wireless application and they don't integrate with airport

THANKS

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Any old wireless adapter should work, as long as both devices operate on the same type of network (a/b/g/n) or have backward compatibility. The best by far is an AirPort card which can be bought as a single item from the online or retail stores.

3. black2night thread starter macrumors newbie

what i want is to control the USB wireless adapter through airport icon and the ones in the market the i know of do not support this functionality .

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

that's not possible. The "airport icon" only supports apple wireless devices. and also, there are a select few usb adapter on the market that support macs. The interface is USB, but the control utility of the device has no mac version. So just head to ebay and buy yourself an airport card. and ifixit.com for replacing it.

5. bluewhite4 macrumors member

6. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

are you sure that you are instaling old drivers... its kinda hard to get but ive heard it works

7. black2night thread starter macrumors newbie

After A lot of searching it turns out there is no usb adapter for mac that you could control from the airport application.​