i need script to detect mac address of iPad

lia2yuliana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
i need script which can detect mac adress of iPad

i tried using javascript, but my script just can detect the mac address of client if the client is using windows and installed the JME (Java).

my script is script of absence, so i want script which can detect the mac address of ipad

please i need the help, thanks :(

libertysat

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
How about logging into your router and check the client list?

Last edited by a moderator:

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
i need script which can detect mac address of iPad

i tried using javascript, but my script just can detect the mac address of client if the client is using windows and installed the JME (Java).

my script is script of absence, so i want script which can detect the mac address of ipad

please i need the help, thanks
You cannot get it using a web page, this would be a gross violation of security.

If your client is on the same network(i.e. does not go through a router to access your web page) then you can get the MAC address by doing a reverse ARP, otherwise you are out of luck.

If you are accessing your page via an app you created, then you can use the UDID via the UIKit framework, but you cannot get it through a web page

lia2yuliana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
You cannot get it using a web page, this would be a gross violation of security.

If your client is on the same network(i.e. does not go through a router to access your web page) then you can get the MAC address by doing a reverse ARP, otherwise you are out of luck.

If you are accessing your page via an app you created, then you can use the UDID via the UIKit framework, but you cannot get it through a web page
i'm using webpage for it, so do u think its impossible??:mad:

lia2yuliana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
foidulus meant that it cannot be retrieved by a script/webpage one visits, not doable in code. Getting it through a router's web interface is fine.
i dont get it, can u explain it more detail?

thanks

----------

yes,its with same network, so how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.