I need serious help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abustaif, Mar 1, 2011.

1. abustaif macrumors newbie

Hi All....

I have iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.1.2(7D11) running on baseband 05.11.07 and was made in the 48th week, since i bought it 1 year ago and am trying every possible way to unlock it, every ultrasnow version i used and others but with no benefit, i have jailbroken it, but everytime i run out of battery i have to run blackrain again, now somebody told me if i upgraded the baseband to 05.12.1 i can upgrade to iOS 4.0.1 and jailbreak it and unlock it with ultrasnow...

the issue now is that i cant find any topic on the internet how to upgrade the baseband from 05.11.07 to 05.12.01, so can anyone help me in this please, because i got sick of running blackrain everyday...

THANKS

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont update your baseband.
    Leave it at the version it is and use pwnage tool to create a custom 4.2.1 IPSW and restore to that. Then install ultrasnow to unlock.
    It will be an untethered JB so you can shut off and restart your iphone any time without problems.
    Follow this below if you have a mac computer.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13931

3. abustaif thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much my friend :)

excuse me for my stupidity, but i want to ask you another question,

First, i am on windows 7, so can i use Redsnow instead of pwnagetools, and will i get the same results?? and if i upgraded the baseband, what will happen?? is it dangerous??

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador