I need some advice on software for.....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stew1tx, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Stew1tx macrumors newbie

What I am going to do is have a spreadsheet that lists properties with dates that require attention such as a date when a lease is expiring and have the software turn that task or whatever you want to call it a different color. Could even be say green for clear for more than 2 months out, orange for 1.5 months out, yellow for 1 month out and red for 2 weeks out from deadline date. Also would be nice to click on the tab of a particular lease and show a gantt chart of it and even a chart for all of the cumulative leases with color coordinated quick glance deliverables as noted above for each. Not much out there that is mac specific. What else would I like to do with it? Input names of those responsible for tasks, like fast track or one of the omni products, but quick easily recognizable deadlines or approaching deadlines is a must. Would love to be able to dump a spreadsheet into it as well to reduce the time of getting to know the software. Am I dreaming?

HelP...

B

2. Stew1tx thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Look into conditional formatting in Excel.

A more descriptive title might help you get more people looking at your thread on the forum.

If you don't know how to do something I mentioned, Google can help.

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

aha.. ever see that QuickBooks commercial ?? Where the girl is holding up this MASSIVE paper sheet and she says "I make my own custom spread sheets to organize my business"

Maybe consider some type of business management or book keeping software.. I use QB a lot and there are LOADS of custom reports that you can create and have reminders and stuff to print out based on dates