I need some advice

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
1,361
0
Okay everyone, I may sell my 17 inch macbook pro, but am not sure.

Option A)

2 GHz Mac Pro,
1 GB Ram
250 GB HD
Nvidia 7300

Apple 20 inch Display

Option B)

20” iMac (waiting for Paris obviously)
2 GB Ram
500 GB HD
ATI x1600 256 MD

Option C)

Keep the macbook pro, get a 300 or 400 dollar dell display

I work a fair amount in photoshop and use dreamweaver. I also you productivity applications, of course, basic computer stuff.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
 

CrEsTo

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2006
272
121
Australia
It's simple, do you need a laptop or a desktop?

If you don't need portability get the MacPro with a nice display, if you need both then MBP with extra Display.
 

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
2,573
0
Clemson, SC
i'd probably keep the MBP and get an external. do you need portability? even if not, though, you'll probably end up losing a lot on your MBP if you take it to eBay (after fees and paypal, plus the general fact that used items don't sell for their retail value).

though, i guess if money isn't a concern and you're just looking to get the best you can, then there's no doubt the mac pro is a faster machine..
 

bigrell486

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
312
60
Home
You'll be better off just getting an external display with a Keyboard and mouse, makes things easier and less stressful on both you and your wallet.