I need some advice

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by liquidthunder, Oct 18, 2007.

1. liquidthunder macrumors newbie

I have recently placed my first generation 15" MBP 2.16ghz Core Duo, 100 gb HDD, 2 gb RAM, radeon x1600 with 256 mb on craigslist for trade for a desktop mac. I was really wanting to get a 20-24" iMac but a interesting offer was made last night for a dual 2.0ghz G5 power mac. THe guy is also willing to give me a widescreen 22" acer monitor. Now, I am no graphics professional but I love playing World of Warcraft. The main reason I want to trade is more screen real estate and a larger hard drive. I am not going to miss having no Windows capabilities, so that's not a issue. However, I am concerned with replacing the video card with something a little more peppy. Also, I am concerned with is it a good idea to trade down to a dual G5. I know they are still very capable. I just hope I am not taking a performance/speed hit. I welcome any insight. Thanks in advance.

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

don't do the trade. you don't want to go from intel to PPC. granted that would be a pretty computer to have gotten. i say just get a second display.

3. liquidthunder thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I just called the guy and found out it was the first generation dual g5. It would not be a good deal at all.

Thanks for your input.