Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
I read that some people said that apple gives you refurbished iPhone 4 on warranty exchange. But, some people claim that it is new. Which one is true? I know they come in black box. But, are these new or refurbished?

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
When did you get yours? Also, why did you have to replace yours? If you don't mind sharing?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
the first couple of weeks after the iPhone 4 was released, obviously Apple doesn't yet have enough refurbished iPhones available, so they gave out new iPhones as replacements. But it has now been 2 months since the release and as people begin to return their phones, Apple are phasing out the new phones and has now started giving out actual refurbished units as replacements.

4 months after I got my iPad, I had an issue with it and I took it to an Apple Store were they replaced it with an iPad from the Brown Box, after I got home I looked at the serial number and realize that even though it was in a brown box, it had a new unit serial number that was manufactured before the one I actually returned.

it just depends what they have available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.