I need some help with iWeb please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aphexacid, Aug 29, 2007.

1. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Im sorry i've been asking so many questions lately, but i have really putting my macs to work rather than just internet and music.

I've created a spiffy little site for my girlfriends store, and its going ok, but i always seem to run into something that i want to do that i cant figure out.

first of all, i have a photo's page, and i have about 12 photos on it, but now, i want to add a little "next page" button so i can put more pictures on another page. can i do that?

Also i have a little flash animation that my friend made me for the site, how can i put that to be the first thing you see, have it load, and then put an "enter site" button?

you CAN put flash in iweb right?

thanks again for the help!

2. kolax macrumors G3

Try using the Album template and have all your photos in there - iWeb automatically creates a page for each album.

Art of keeping things organised.

iWeb is pretty limited in what it can do - it isn't designed for commerial use, really just quick home websites that look really awesome with little knowledge of 'puters.

If you are serious about making a decent website, use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 if you got cash lying around. You'll be able to create the template in iWeb and then enhance it more in Dreamweaver.

3. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Really? is dreamweaver easy to use? i have no idea how to do html or flash whatsoever. it's expensive, but i wouldn't mind if it can be used with the results i need by a complete website building idiot.

thanks for the reply!

4. kolax macrumors G3

Yeah Dreamweaver is quite straight forward - you can do really complex stuff with it but doing the basics is also easy.

There is a coding side or a visual side to it - you don't have to do any coding at all to make the website. You can just stick to the visual side and let your creativity flow. Also you can use Fireworks CS3 to make your graphics, and you are on the way to being an awesome web designer.

It is worth it though - I love Dreamweaver, you'll learn how to use it quite quickly. Screw the manuals, just play and play with it and you'll learn your own techniques.

Load of guides out there though if you did need help.

5. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I think i will look into it, it sounds interesting.

But for now, i really just need to add more photos.

I am using the "photo" page in the "modern" template. i absolutely can not figure out how to make a simple "next page" button or add little numbers for more pages.

please help!

6. kolax macrumors G3

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to create a page without it adding a hyperlink to the main links bar.

Did you consider using an album page?

7. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

i cant find it, i tried looking for something called albums. can you please point me to where it is? im using iweb '06.

i really appreciate your help

8. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

There is a setting for each page that you can disable / hide it from the links bar. I did that with a few of my pages that I link to but don't want it to show on the links bar on each page.

9. herkyjerky macrumors member

Is there some reason you don't want to add pictures in the same page? Otherwise you can put a text box saying "next page" and make it a hyperlink to another page that you create.

10. mark2288 macrumors regular

albums type pages were first debutted in iWeb '08...time for an upgrade!

11. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

actually i did upgrade, but it totally screwed up my website. lucky i have backups. i wrecked havoc at the apple store and i got a refund.

i guess i will try the thing with the hyperlinks. how would i know what to make the address that it should go to?

i want to do this just becuase i dont want to but too many pictures up on the same page. i have about 30 that i want to upload, and want about 10 per page.

thanks guys!

12. herkyjerky macrumors member

To do a hyperlink to the next page of photos you will have to:

File-New Page
    Insert your photos on that page
    (repeat if you want another page of photos)

Then at the bottom of each page you insert a text box "next page"

Then you need to enable "next page" as a hyperlink and choose "one of my pages" from the drop down menu

That should link them to the next page of photos.

Hope that helps.

13. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Oh boy! you guys are awesome! thank you so much, thats exactly what i wanted!

and then to remove the link buttons from the top of the pag so it doesnt show each individual page, i just do what jamesarm97 said about the links bar?

this make life so much easier...and cheaper!

thank you all very much!

14. andreageymet macrumors newbie

iweb questions

Hi guys! I just created my website for my thaiboxing course, here it is: www.muaythairomaest.it . So here are the questions:
    1. How do I insert sound (on .mp3) on the backround? I mean, nothing to click, just a "stop" button if the visitors do not like the music...
    2. I managed to put different images as backgrounds for the various pages, put I can't anymore since I upgraded to iLife '08... is it still possible?

Thanks a lot guys

15. andreageymet macrumors newbie

iwe questions

Hi guys! I just created my website for my thaiboxing course, here it is: www.muaythairomaest.it . So here are the questions:
    1. How do I insert sound (on .mp3) on the backround? I mean, nothing to click, just a "stop" button if the visitors do not like the music...
    2. I managed to put different images as backgrounds for the various pages, put I can't anymore since I upgraded to iLife '08... is it still possible?

Thanks a lot guys