I need some help with Mac screen!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rocket999, Dec 4, 2010.

1. rocket999 macrumors newbie

Hey- I have had a Mac for awhile now. But, I was opening a cabinet above the computer and small handheld camera fell out and hit the top edge of the computer. The screen has an indentation on the top just over the webcam that is about the size of a dime. I have some photos below. The computer still works, and so does the webcam, but the webcam is all blurry because of the dent over it.

[​IMG]

What can I do to fix it? What would Apple do to it if I took it in? How much would it cost?

Thank you for any help.

Sam

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure how much it would cost to fix. But I do know that the iMac glass is not tempered. And because it isn't, it is very shape when it breaks. I'd suggest putting a piece of clear packing tape or blue painter's tape on it to keep the glass pieces together.

3. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

4. rocket999 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a 21 inch screen Mac. I don't know the exact specs, but it was the very basic model.

Does anyone know how much it would be to replace?

Thanks!

5. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Apple will overcharge as normal, so I'd expect somewhere in the region of $250 for a new glass panel. Possibly even more.

Or, just buy it yourself:
    http://www.welovemacs.com/9229117.html
    You'll need a pair of suction cups to get your original glass off, but they're cheap as anything. iFixit will show you how to take it off.