I need some help with macbook's problem :|

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Teelah, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Teelah macrumors newbie

Hello every body,

I'm new on the mac apple's world .. Yesterday, I bought macbook 2.2G
    you know who is happy to enter new electronic life so I play with it a little bit,
    until I get a big problem for ME : (

My story is I forgot my password so when I do something they told me to put password and try more than once until I get the right pass, and then I forget it again ( it just because the changing of the place of some of letters for me "Arabic" ) anyway , when I searching for msn for mac and what is the problem with it. I find away to reset your pass with CD's which is coming with macbook. So I insert the CD on it and reinstall what on it :confused: and I don't know !!!
    after this "confused explaining" when I want to drag something to the application they told me to put an admin's name and pass when I put it they told that is WRONG and I tried several times with no good result. I don't know what to do ?!!!

In addition, on my small city we don't have a mac programmer "or someone who know's mac very well " :(

I hope that you understand any thing .. :(
    I'm really need some help ..

"I don't know where should I put this thread :s, So if you move it plz tell me where !

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

what is this the story of the MacBook? haha jk nice bold centred writing there ;)

if you want to reset your admin password boot into the install DVD and choose "Reset Password" from the Utilities menu. select your user account and create a new password.

usually when you have to enter your user name in addition to your password you are using a limited or managed account. check this in Accounts in System Preferences. when installing applications you should be using an administrator account.

3. Teelah thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to the account and I found my account [standard]
    I use it both .. the User Name and the .Mac username samething happened !! :confused:

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

make your account an administrator if you dont wont to have to provide a password when dragging into the applications folder.

5. Teelah thread starter macrumors newbie

how can I make it an admin ?!!
    you know that they write the hint of the same user I use it !!

now the problem with the admin !!

:(

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

hi... i cant understand most of your writing but i'll take a guess: you want to change your account from a limited account to an administrator account so you dont have to provide a password when dragging files to folders other than your home directory?

if so go to System Preferences, choose Accounts, click the lock, input your current password which you changed before, then check the "Allow user to administrator this computer" box.

7. Teelah thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the unclear message .. and thnx alot for your help .. :eek:

I did what you say but same problem when I click the lock it's need the username and pass .. I fill with the user and pass I know and it's rejected :( !!

Is it clear until now !!

8. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

You need to restart from the DVD that came with your Mac. Once you are there, instead of installing anything, go to the Utilities menu (up in the menu bar, and to the left) and choose "Reset Password". And this time, choose one that you won't forget. After this, you may go and change the administrator status of your account.

9. Teelah thread starter macrumors newbie

thnx a lot for responding ...
    I changed it ... But now the username doesn't work !
    I put it as I wrote it in the first time I opened the macbook ... : )

I think I should send my macbook to where I bought it to repair it for me : )
    This is the easiest and fastest way .. : )

thnx all of you .. : )