I need some help with recovering my iTunes Library please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lisamel, Sep 21, 2009.

1. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi everyone!

Well, I wanted to move my itunes library to an external drive (USB1) because it takes up quite a bit of space (about 144GB). I thought I found out how to do it, so I moved the music folder to the external drive, and relocated in iTunes preferences. When I tried to play the music it said that I had to find the file. That was the case for all my songs, so I started to look for ways to relocate them all at once. I didnt find a solution so I decided to move the folder back to my iMac.. When I did that I still couldnt play the songs :(

So I tried to add them all again, but then I got stuck with duplicates, and if I deleted the ones who couldnt find the file, all the playlist would be ruined.

SO I thought I should try to restore from my Time Machine. I opened it and found the music folder. I clicked on Restore, and I got the normal window and I had to choose a location. I chose the music folder and now it says that it is copying 144 GB to "Music" and that it will take about 50 hours.

Does this sound right, have I recovered this the right way? :)

Please help me!!

Thanks so much :)

2. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

By the way, I was connected to my TC with wifi. I can use a ethernet cable if that helps?