I need some help with the apple free cases!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joshtheburrito, Jul 23, 2010.

1. joshtheburrito macrumors member

Hello MacRumors! My name is Josh and i am new to the forum so please have patience with me. I purchased a black bumper at my apple store after i bought my iphone 4. I just downloaded the iphone free case app and i decided to order the speck pixelskin HD for my free case. I was wondering if i can still get a refund on my bumper if i purchased the pixelskin for my free case? I payed cash at the apple store and if i go back will they ask me my itunes account and check if i got a free case already? Any info will help. Thanks

joshua

2. caranddriver macrumors regular

3. imetazoa macrumors member

imetazoa

well... i received an email saying i was refunded for my bumper this morning (paid with cc) and was curious about the free case app. so i downloaded it... and was further curious to see if i could place an order... and it went through.

but now i'm afraid of the consequences. though nothing has happened yet...

4. xraytech macrumors 68030

I bought 4 Bumpers a while back from Apple.com and got an e-mail informing me of a refund for all 4 yesterday. On top of that I just used the Free Case App to get another free case. So as long as you have proof of purchase, you'll get a refund.

5. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Same here. I ordered a free case, & was refunded for the bumpers I bought in-store/online.

6. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I purchased a bumper when I got my iphone. I was under the impression that the refunds were for online purchases only. I downloaded the app and picked out another case instead of opting in for the refund. About a hour later I got 2 emails. One contained the delivery date for my new case. The other email was showing my refund from where I had purchased my bumper from the Apple store. I did not mean to double dip. I was just not clear on how the refund worked. It seems that lots of others are doing the same thing. Will be interesting to see if Apple corrects this or if the are actually giving refunds and cases!

7. GameraFan macrumors regular

Would be very simple for Apple to catch this since it's based on your Apple iTunes e-mail address, no?

8. imetazoa macrumors member

imetazoa

That's what I would think...

But now I am guessing they are just cutting their losses w/ every single bumper they sold previously (as demonstrated by the poster above receiving 4 refunds for 4 bumpers), and only tracking "free cases" via the iPhone app.