Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
So I work for someone, and what she does is upload photos into a shared iCloud album. I accept them then save them to the iPP, then to an album to edit (which isn’t really pertinent to my question I guess).

I haven’t had any issue up til the last week. All of a sudden, when I accept the invite to the shared folder, I can SEE the images, but when I try to save them, it just sits and thinks and acts like they aren’t there. It’s the same if I try to open one.

I’m assuming this is happening on the upload end - can yall think of anything that could be the problem here? If it is happening on the upload end, what are some of the reasons that could be happening?

Thanks for any help. If we can’t correct this, I won’t be able to keep doing this work, and I really don’t want to have to give it up.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
That’s the problem...

No. That’s not the problem. I accepted it within a couple hours, if that. I can actually SEE the pictures too when I open the shared album, but they will NOT open or save.

I mean will it expire as in I can’t save the images at that point? Because I accepted it and normally within 5 minutes I can save them to my photos. I tried this on and off for hours, and they would never save.

StralyanPithecus

macrumors 6502
No. That’s not the problem. I accepted it within a couple hours, if that. I can actually SEE the pictures too when I open the shared album, but they will NOT open or save.

I mean will it expire as in I can’t save the images at that point? Because I accepted it and normally within 5 minutes I can save them to my photos. I tried this on and off for hours, and they would never save.

The link was sent without permission to save the photos. Sharing allows you to enable or disable photo saving.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
The link was sent without permission to save the photos. Sharing allows you to enable or disable photo saving.

I don’t think this was it either. We do this every day.

Also, FINALLY, yesterday evening, nearly 24 hours after accepting the invite to join the album, I was able to save the photos!

I honestly think she was likely in an area with shoddy service (they travel), and the photos never fully uploaded. At least that’s what I’m telling myself because nothing else changed, and they just suddenly worked like normal.

Weird.

Reactions: StralyanPithecus

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia

Also, FINALLY, yesterday evening, nearly 24 hours after accepting the invite to join the album, I was able to save the photos!

I honestly think she was likely in an area with shoddy service (they travel), and the photos never fully uploaded. At least that’s what I’m telling myself because nothing else changed, and they just suddenly worked like normal.

Weird.

I haven’t worked with shared photos before, but it does sound like they hadn’t uploaded to iCloud on the other end yet and that you could see the thumbnail of the photo, but that that whole photo wasn’t available for download yet. So I’d go with that speculation for now and see what happens next time and even ask them to check if the photos have fully uploaded yet if it happens again.

StralyanPithecus

macrumors 6502

Weird.

Yeah, I didn’t think about this possibility...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.