I Need Some iPhone Expertise. Really Hard Question.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bsb0085, Jul 11, 2008.

1. bsb0085 macrumors newbie

So.

I haven't owned an iPhone before this. I stood in line today to get my iPhone and got one. I am on a family plan with five numbers on it. My number was not available for upgrade but another one on the plan was, so, as I've done before, i was allowed to use another upgrade on what I thought was my phone number. The employee said I would simply have to change my number in iTunes... sounded simple enough.

When I got home and waited like everybody else for iTunes to work, I went thought the short set-up and found the part where it asked for my iPhone information such as address and the like. There was a number listed there but it wasn't mine OR the number used for the upgrade...

I changed it to mine and continued. When I get to the actual iPhone section in iTunes it listed the number I used for upgrade.

How on God's holy green Earth to I change the phone to my number...?

2. arcsbite Guest

Maybe try putting your sim in a spare phone that lets you "set" your number in the "My Number"/"My Details" Section.
    then when you put the sim back in your iphone, iTunes will show the number you entered.

that's what I used to do on my old iPhone