I need some legal advice...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kildraik, Jun 2, 2007.

1. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

What are the legal terms for Psychological Abuse?

What is needed for evidence for conviction?

Is it true that in Family court, the way the "abuser" presents themselves makes a great impression?

I'm sorry for being vague about the reasons why, but it's a really touchy subject, and if anybody can talk (with legal advice, of course) then email me.

Thanks, guys. Sorry.

[Moderator note: You can email kildraik by clicking here.]

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

First bit of advice:
    Don't ask for legal advice in an online Mac forum...

Seriously - if you have a problem, see a professional. If you can't afford one, contact your local Law Society or Social Services organization for information on legal aid / pro bono help.

If you suspect that laws have been broken or a person is in danger, contact the police immediately. If there is a child you suspect is being abused, contact police or social services or your local Family Aid society. They are in the phone book.

The laws will vary between different jurisdictions, and it is never, never a cut and dried, black and white question.

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

A word of caution: Before e-mailing or using a site, know that an abuser in the home can discover your Internet activities. The safest way to find information on the Internet would be at a local library or a friend's house. Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), TDD 1-800-787-3224. Here's a help link.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, this is ammunition in a court of law -- for the other person.

MacRumors does show up on Google -- so a simple search of your e-mail address is quite easy.

5. tango554 macrumors member

You should see a professional. Any teacher, nurse, fireman, doctor, cop or lawyer can point you in the right direction.