I need some opinions please, touch or psp slim?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kcjohn, Oct 2, 2007.

1. kcjohn macrumors member

kcjohn

Please don't flame, I am torn between a 8g touch or the new psp slim. I do like to play video games in my spare time. I work at the airport so free wi-fi is no problem. Both have the web, play music and video, the touch is 130.00 more. What do you think ? Thanks.

2. EnTg888 macrumors member

Lets see... I have both the touch and the psp (fat).
    The Touch is FAR better for two things: internet and music. The PSP simply does not have music organization functionality (e.g. view by artist or album), and typing is a nightmare.
    But the PSP (fat and slim) has a very-much-alive homebrew scene and custom firmwares (of course you'll need a memory card), and, of course, games.

If music and storage space are very important to you, then i'd say the touch.
    But if games are more important, then psp all the way.

3. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

I also have both a 16 GB Touch and the fat PSP. Both have internet, so that's no problem. Both play videos great, it's easy enough to convert videos to put on either. The PSP uses Memory Stick Pro Duos, I gave a couple 4 GB sticks that work out great for my needs, but if you get an 8 or 16 Touch that's all you have.

If you are into such things, the PSP firmware is fairly easy to hack, to be able to play downloaded games. Many people (*cough* myself included *cough*) do this and play emulators like SNES or Genesis, or even full PSP games by simply downloading the game ISOs off torrent sites and the like. This is an edge the PSP has.

If you really like to stay organized and have a Mac, if you use iCal, iPhoto, Address Book and Safari a lot, then the iPod is really useful as an organizer, as it can sync up easily with all those programs and keep you organized on the go.

Both have their useful features, what it boils down to is priorities.

Games? PSP.
    Music? iPod.