I need some RAM advice

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by krogers34, Jul 28, 2008.

1. krogers34 macrumors member

I just bought a macbook, the newest lowend mondel and am looking to install more ram since it is only 1 gb. my questions are, where should i buy the ram from becasue i know there are cheaper places than apple and should i install it my self or pay to have someone else do it? thanks

2. nanvinnie macrumors regular

i bought mine from crucial. their site is pretty simple. punch in your computer info and it tells you exactly what ram to get.

http://www.crucial.com

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I bought RAM from Crucial and it worked well. Check out http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/ for instructions. It's an easy upgrade and if you feel comfortable just DIY and save the money.

BTW, congrats on the new MacBook :)

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Welcome to MR

The answers to this and many other commonly asked questions can be found under the Guides tab at the top of the window.

Guides : Mac Hardware : Buying RAM

In general, you want to check the Guides and.or do a Search before posting a new thread.

5. krogers34 thread starter macrumors member

i did look at the guide, but wanted to get feedback from actual people not some guide written by one person, i also searched and didnt see anything, and this is a forum, so i wanted to use it to get feedback, you know, like what it is for, and thanks to all the others who actually gave real replies

6. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Crucial has good memory, but I've always found them a bit "pricey".

I buy all of my RAM from OWC (some of the best RAM prices around) and never had a problem.

www.macsales.com