I need some reassurance on an Apple purchase.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nateharr, Sep 17, 2009.

1. nateharr macrumors 6502

Ok, I plan on ordering my 13" Macbook Pro tomorrrow. (If some money from Paypal arrives.)

I was really excited until I saw all of the forums complaining about the issues the MBP 13" has.

So my question is, are there and success stories out there? People who are perfectly content with the MBP?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes.

People tend to complain more than praise around here.

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

As noted, folks aren't as likely to roll in and proclaim what a wonderful experience they're having. They're more likely to storm in and rant when they have an issue (legit or not). There's far more happy customers than unhappy customers.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The only issue I have with my 13" is the trackpad, but that's across the board on all their portables.

Besides dealing with that and getting used to a few things everything been great.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Let me try to change that!

My Late-2008 15-inch MacBook Pro has been running like a friggin champ! I do the stupidest things and try all these tweaks but my MacBook Pro keeps working and Snow Leopard hasn't been able to slow it down one bit! Best purchase I've made in awhile! Apple is the bestest in the whole wide world!

- Proud owner of his MacBook Pro

(How's that? A little too much?)

6. T.Lyons macrumors newbie

Due to that rumor of the Macbook refresh I would wait to see what happens later this quarter, its a "might" however seeing as its midway through the Mid 2009 release id like to wait, im also waiting for some PayPal funds in order to buy my Macbook Pro 17", it will be my first Mac also!

:apple:

haha maybe a small amount but what the heck! :D

7. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

let me point out that the dislike for the trackpad is a personal preference that is in the minority.

Most people enjoy them very much.

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Not so, you may very well like it. However to be honest I don't know many people how like it, most people I know just get used to it. It is almost impossible to correctly use the trackpad when running programs to the likes of Logic.

But, regardless, as I stated to the OP, this is my only real dislike with the computer, so if the OP is in the majority with the people who do like the new trackpads, then all will be grand.

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It was weird at first having got used to the trackpads with the buttons. Once you get a hang of it, I don't think you could go back to the button trackpads - I know I can't.

10. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Mbp

I have the 15 in MBP. Got it in early March. Not one single problem. Bought the 13 in MBP in early July and not one single problem. Bought the 13 in for travel and love them both.

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You'll probably get a nice quality computer that you'll be happy with. As others have stated people tend to come to these forums only when they experience problems and not when everything is working fine.

However, we are some months away from major chip upgrades--and possibly other major updates to that product line. There are credible rumors that Apple may introduce a totally new and exciting product altogether. If you have a working computer now, I'd strongly suggest you wait. Don't be one of those sad people on these forums who ask us if Apple will accept a return on a 4 month old computer so that they can get the new model--because they wont.

12. philqc macrumors newbie

0 problem here !

And I'm very picky about Apple gears...
    no overheating, no display flickering, no hd lag, and
    for what it's worth, no Snow Leopard problem... Maybe
    a bit hungry on the cpu for Flash thing...

The system run fast and silent, you can barely ear the
    fan at 4000 rpm, etc.

No hot pixel and the colors (I'm a Photoshop guy) are true...
    My MBPro was built in august, 2.26 CPU, 2 Go RAM, 160 HDD.

Philippe

13. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Purchased my UMBP about a month ago (just after the snow leopard release and i love it. The track pad is awesome, and i will never go back to a PC.

14. jointsmoking macrumors regular

I bought a 13inch MPB two weeks ago. I am thrilled with it. Have been working it hard (photo and video editing) and it hasn't had so much as a hickup. I love everything about it.

15. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Most people I know like the trackpad just fine. Also, judging by the fact that there was no public uproar over them, the second revision of the unibodies still had them, and the fact that the MBPs are extremely well reviewed and rated, its pretty safe to assume those who do not like them are in the minority.

16. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

buy what you can afford and what you think you might like. Run it through the paces or even try and borrow some one's Mac to give it a dry run. Otherwise, tough to capture in a single post all that your looking for in a computer.

17. nateharr thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess you guys have helped. I've already worked with Macs before. (I loved the ancient ones we used at my elementary school.)

I can spend hours playing with the ones on display at bestbuy. (I really wish they'd put chairs at that table, then I'd never leave!)

I was just worried that the 13" was plagued with issues. I'll let you know how my experience goes. (We're ordering it this afternoon.)

Thanks! (As you can see, I like adding anecdotes in parenthesis.)

18. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I bought my 13" MacBook (aluminum, pre-Pro) the day it was released on October 2008 and it has been absolutely flawless in every way. Maytag refrigerators aren't this sturdy or as reliable. Buy it, you'll love it. :apple:

19. Ryken macrumors newbie

I can't express how much I love my 13"MBP. It is by far and away one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Go buy it, you will love it. The trackpad is, IMHO, the best invention anyone in electronics since the mp3 player. The mutli-touch, no button, huge real estate form is odd at first, but once you learn to use it, it flows very very nicely.

Stop reading, go buy one, you will not look back.

20. 7even macrumors 6502a

Enjoy! It's an awesome machine. I have the 15" myself but I have worked with a couple of flawless 13s too.

21. operalover84 macrumors newbie

I just got a MBP 15" and love everything about it. I can't imagine it's much different from the 13" one. My only problem is the sharp edge of the aluminum unibody structure. It can hurt or scratch your wrists after prolonged usage if you don't hold your hands in the proper position. Kind of annoying, but I guess I'll get used to it.

22. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

its ai'ght. its a computer, you know? what can i say?