I Need Some Serious Help with Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MyAccount, Mar 12, 2010.

1. MyAccount macrumors newbie

Okay, so I install Windoze Vista (I know I spelled Windows wrong) on my Mac through boot camp. It restarted and now it's making me repeat the process. What the hell is going on and what should I do? I can't eject the disk.

EDIT: Okay... Windows said 8 GB of the partition was used. I quit the Windows installation thing by holding down the power button and rebooting into OS X and OS X claims that there's about 5 GB of stuff on the partition. I clicked on the partition in Finder and this is what I saw:

[​IMG]

With those folders and files, will I be able to properly boot up into Vista? Just for the record, I want to be able to play some PC games, that's it. I don't want anyone coming on here saying "WHY DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL THAT CRAPPY OS ON A MAC!?!?!?!"

2. dbaird323 macrumors newbie

It has been a while since I loading windows on my macbook with bootcamp, but as I recall the whole process went very smoothly. I do remember that the system had to restart at least once, maybe more but I dont really remember. How far did you get in the install? did you load any of the drivers? My install was with windows 7, but it should have been fairly similar to windows vista.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Was it a Vista upgrade disc, did it come with another PC, or did you buy it retail? The unsuccessful install is symptomatic of a wrong disc. Consult the Boot Camp Installation Guide if you're vague on what versions are compatible.

4. MyAccount thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a retail copy of Vista Home Premium 32-bit.