I need some serious immediate help...ASAP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by asherman13, Jul 24, 2007.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

OK, so I just downgraded from Leopard to Tiger using my MacBook Pro software reinstall discs. I did the "archive and install" since it wouldn't let me just install normally, and it didn't allow me to check the box that would put all my preferences, bookmarks, etc. back where they're supposed to be.

Right now, I have a new user and whatnot, with a "Previous System" folder with all my stuff from using Leopard. This folder includes all my music, movies, pictures, documents, bookmarks, etc.

Which files do I move from my 'Previous System' Library or User>Library folders into my current, new user so I can have all my preferences, bookmarks, Dashboard widgets, etc. just the way they were?

I've already moved my photos and music over, just dragged and dropped the entirety there. I opened iPhoto and set the Library to where the new one is, no problems there. iTunes will be done the same way (option-open) as soon as the 10.4.10 update is installed.

I do need a reply ASAP; reactivating my iPhone hinges on this. Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT Oh, and my Address Book stuff? iCal stuff? Mail stuff (previous e-mails, preferences, etc.)? Please help!

EDITx2 I do have .Mac and I last synced a few days ago...How can I get all that stuff back onto my computer via a sync? I don't want to sync and have my .Mac stuff be erased...

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

4. asherman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

asherman13

A friend of mine is a developer. Installing it was a big mistake; the iPhone is not supported. Anyways...can anybody help?

EDIT Can I get the .Mac stuff to sync by calling this computer a "different computer" on .Mac? Like, instead of it being "Asherman13's Computer" I can call it "Asherman13's Laptop" and it will sync all my stuff back?